Dementia is a general term for a decline in mental ability severe enough to interfere with daily life.
1) Memory loss is a common symptom of dementia.
2) Difficulty planning or solving problems
3) Difficulty doing familiar tasks
4) Being confused about time or place
5) Challenges understanding visual information
6) Problems speaking or writing
7) Misplacing things
8) Poor judgment or decision-making
9) Withdrawal from socializing
10) Changes in personality or mood
A person who experiences any of these symptoms or notices them in a loved one should speak to a medical professional.